Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is now declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the The World Health Organization (WHO). Thus, on March 22 the Moroccan government adopted the texts relating to the implementation of the state of health emergency including quarantine and physical distancing. Subsequently, students, residents and faculty should adapt to this unpredictable situation. Our medicine faculty had quickly transitioned the entire medical education program to online formats to prevent delays in educational progress. As professors, we have the mission of maintaining high-quality resident education. Technology gave us the possibility to ensure correct medical education. Professors of our faculty are sharing their practices with their peers to satisfy graduation requirements on-time and achieve quality online learning.
2. Moroccan government. https://www.cg.gov.ma/fr/conseils-de-gouvernement/le-gouvernement-adopte-les-textes-relatifs-a-la-mise-en-oeuvre-de-letat-d. Accessed May 7, 2020.
3. Ahmed H, Allaf M, Elghazaly H. COVID-19 and medical education. Lancet Infect Dis 2020;S1473-3099(20)30226-7.
4. Ferrel MN, Ryan JJ. The Impact of COVID-19 on Medical Education. Cureus 2020;12:e7492.
5. Pickering JD, Swinnerton BJ. Exploring the Dimensions of Medical Student Engagement with Technology-Enhanced Learning Resources and Assessing the Impact on Assessment Outcomes. Anat Sci Educ 2019;12:117‑28.
6. Evans DJR, Bay BH, Wilson TD et al. Going Virtual to Support Anatomy Education: A STOP GAP in the Midst of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Anat Sci Educ 2020;10.1002/ase.1963.
7. Swinnerton BJ, Morris NP, Hotchkiss S et al. The integration of an anatomy massive open online course (MOOC) into a medical anatomy curriculum. Anat Sci Educ 2017;10:53‑67.
8. Porpiglia F, Checcucci E, Amparore D, et al. Slowdown of urology residents' learning curve during COVID-19 emergency. BJU Int 2020;10.1111/bju.15076.
9. Cao W, Fang Z, Hou G, et al. The psychological impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on college students in China. Psychiatry Res 2020;287:112934.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Copyright (c) 2020 Youssef Kharbach and Abdelhak Khallouk