International Journal of Medicine and Surgery (IJMS) regards plagiarism as a very serious offence. It is an illegal form of copying. Plagiarism is defined as the unacknowledged use of the work of others as if this were your own original work.
Manuscripts will be carefully scrutinized for evidence of plagiarism, duplication and data manipulation; in particular, images will be carefully examined for any indication of intentional improper modification.
Any suspected misconduct ends up with a quick rejection and is then reported to the US Office of Research Integrity.
Examples of plagiarism
- Copying and pasting from the Internet and posting somewhere else without proper citation
- Putting your name on another person’s essay or project
- Copying exact wording from another person’s text
- Using another person’s photo, diagram, tables, sounds, or ideas without proper citation
- Presenting research in your own words without providing references
- Purchasing another person’s text and using it as your own
- Presenting ideas in the same format and order as your research source
By submitting paper for publication to the journal, Author(s) certify that
- They are fully aware that plagiarism is wrong
- They know that plagiarism is the use of another person’s idea or published work and to pretend that it is one’s own.
- They declare that each contribution to your project from the work(s) of other peoples published works or unpublished sources have been acknowledged and source of information have been referenced.
- They certify that you are solely responsible for any incomplete reference that may remain in my/our work.
Author's anti-plagiarism declaration :
- I have read and understood the IJMS rules on plagiarism.
- I hereby declare that this piece of written work is the result of my own independent scholarly work, and that in all cases material from the work of others (in books, articles, essays, dissertations, and on the internet)is acknowledged, and quotations and paraphrases are clearly indicated.
- No material other than that listed has been used.
- This written work has not previously not yet been published.